The Denis Wick DW5587 travel mute for euphonium has been developed with Steven Mead to provide a free-blowing but extremely quiet compact practice mute. It is fitted with an internal cork damper and thick high-quality neoprene pads to help create a very soft sound.
Steven Mead writes: “It’s the perfect solution for players who wish to practice normally but who prefer not to disturb those around them. It enables a good quality sound with excellent tuning, and blows freely throughout the entire range."
Here are its main features:
· Weight: 200g
· Fits inside the bell of all euphonium models, enabling it to be carried inside gig bags and hard cases.
· Excellent intonation throughout the entire range, and the most in-tune bell mute available
· Free-blowing with a soft, high quality sound, not an anonymous muffled sound but clear and with resonance
· Very quiet, approximately 5dB less sound than other silent/practice mutes – perfect for satisfying your intolerant neighbours (or family members!)
· An even response from pedal tones to the very highest notes in the range
· Attractive original design, complete with leather strap for easy insertion and removal, a cork lining inside the bell of the mute, high quality neoprene pads for secure grip once inserted, and finished to the highest quality at the Denis Wick Products factory.
Sorry, we do not have any details for this product